Special Thanks to WxWorx for sponsoring my trip by providing live onboard XM weather
Click HERE to track me using Air Traffic Control
Click my airplane for a larger view of my internal GPS tracker

Click HERE to see my detailed Itinerary (updated 6/28/09)

ARRIVING AT MILLION AIR IN ALBANY at 6PM 7/31/09

SEE my Final Route Map for the stats

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Both of my airplanes are ready for takeoff

I just received a call from my mechanic Brian Doyle. The plane is
ready to go! I will pick it up on Saturday. It now has a brand new
alternator, starter, and exhaust system. The engine was completely
overhauled two years ago. A new interior was put in a few years back.
I just reupholstered the seats. All it needs is a paint job, and perhaps
an avionics upgrade someday.

It's actually hard to believe that takeoff day is right around the
corner. My friend Ed says he wants to take a picture of my takeoff
from Albany, like Lindbergh leaving for Paris. I am incredibly excited
to get started and see the people and places on my itinerary. I just
added the Grand Canyon to my list today. I know that my flight won't
exactly follow my carefully laid out itinerary and that's OK.
Actually, I look forward to the twists and turns that await. That's
part of the adventure.

Since part of my trip will take place here in cyberspace, I would feel
ill-equipped if my virtual airplane wasn't tuned up and ready for
flight. Thanks must go out to my cyber-mechanic Jack Bulmer who
designed this replica of my airplane on Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
That is my plane, but it has been given a new paint job and wheel
pants at no extra charge! If you look carefully, you can see me in
the pilot's seat. Thanks Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment