Special Thanks to WxWorx for sponsoring my trip by providing live onboard XM weather
Click HERE to track me using Air Traffic Control
Click my airplane for a larger view of my internal GPS tracker

Click HERE to see my detailed Itinerary (updated 6/28/09)

ARRIVING AT MILLION AIR IN ALBANY at 6PM 7/31/09

SEE my Final Route Map for the stats

Friday, May 15, 2009

Airplane in for scheduled maintenance

Every year, an aircraft must be inspected by a mechanic. It's referred
to as the annual inspection All of the critical components and the
engine are carefully checked. This year, the inspection is more
important than most since I'll be flying this old bird over 7000 miles
in the next two months. I had some avionics work completed today, so
when the annual inspection is completed, the plane should be in tip-
top condition. For anyone who has flown with me in the past, you'll
be happy to know that I'm reupholstering my seats for a very
comfortable ride. Here's the plane sitting at the shop, waiting to be
worked on. I will be posting a detailed itinerary soon and contacting
people whom I will be visiting. T minus 2 weeks and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment